Thursday, April 20, 2017

James Island County Park Festival of Lights

I know it's not the right time of year, but I was looking through the pics on my phone and felt compelled to write about this. During the month of December there's the Festival of Lights at the James Island County Park. If you haven't been, and you find yourself in Charleston, I strongly suggest going.

Before going, visit their website and checkout the Events Schedule. They usually do something special and unique each night of the month. While there, you can drive in your car to take a slow drive around to see all the displays. Also, get out of your car and take in all the activities, shopping, food, entertainment, and more.

The pelican is literally my favorite bird so I had to take a picture. I remember going to South Florida for vacations as a kid and going fishing. At the end of the day you'd see people skinning the fish with all the pelicans hanging around for the leftovers. Beautiful and majestic birds!
The classic Charleston, South Carolina oak tree with Spanish Moss. Nothing brings to mind Charleston more than this. Just brings images to the mind of sitting under a tree in the shade in the summer trying to stay cool.
You know what they say, we are the 3rd rock from the sun. Start planning for the winter, sounds crazy to say being it's about to be summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment