Friday, April 21, 2017

Old Sheldon Church Ruins

One of the cooler ruins that I've been to in the States, the Old Sheldon Church Ruins are located about an hour south of Charleston. It's actually a really easy drive. Get on 17 south and drive. It's in Yemassee, right outside of Beaufort. I found this place by chance seeing a historical marker sign on the road while on my way to a vacation on Hilton Head Island.

If you live in Charleston or traveling around Beaufort or on the way in between Charleston and Savannah, I suggest stopping it. Get of the car and stretch your legs. Get some fresh air. Bring your camera and take some pictures.

The ruins are located on a 2 way road with a beautiful tree canopy. I had to take a picture of that as well.






Enjoy some pictures below:
Kevin Brunson
Kevin Brunson

A little history for you.

Enjoy your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment